Pages

Ryle's fingers got pinned.. by me!

Last night, Ryle had an accident. His ring and middle fingers got pinned by the door. The dumbest thing is that I was to blame.

He told me that he wanted to wee-wee. So I accompanied him to the bathroom and just let do his thing by the bathroom floor as always. Adjacent to the bathroom is another door going to our laundry area. I did not notice where his hands were and I wasn't looking at all when I slammed and closed the door.

That's when I heard his loudest scream he ever made as he cried in searing pain. My heart sank when I realized what I had just done. My wife quickly gathered him up, his nanny immediately took ice from the ref and I stood there continually cursing myself for being so stupid.

It was nearly an hour before his pain subsided and stopped crying. Thankfully, he was able to wiggle his fingers after, an indication that there was no fracture. It was an agony to think that I caused him such pain. And I cried with him while telling him daddy was very sorry.

That experience was one hell of a lesson in Child Rearing 101. Always make it a point to look where their hands are before closing anything be it a door, your closet or drawers.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: